Pancakes from the chef: 5 recipes for Shrovetide
Not a single Maslenitsa week goes without the main attribute of the holiday – pancakes. Properly cooked pancakes are good in themselves. But if you add the stuffing to them, the pancake treat will be even tastier. Filling pancakes can be anything. Here are 5 recipes for pancakes from the chefs of Moscow restaurants, which can surprise friends and relatives.
– Pancakes with goose, caramelized apples and cranberry jam from Dmitry Kuzin, the chef of the Chugunny Most restaurant –
Milk – 1 L
Eggs – 3 pcs.
Sugar – 190 g
Salt – 10 g
Flour – 400 g
Butter – 85 g
Vegetable oil – 50 ml
Fresh-frozen cranberries – 200 g
Apple – 1 pc.
Ingredients for the filling:
Goose – 2–2.5 kg
Pears – 300 g
Apples – 300 g
Salt – 10 g
Pepper – 5 g
Cinnamon – 2 sticks
Carnation – 4 buds
1. Prepare marinade for the filling. Apples and pears cut, remove the core. Mix all the ingredients for the marinade, crumbled cinnamon. Marinate the goose for 24 hours.
2. Cook the pancakes. Heat the milk by adding salt, sugar (80 g), melted cream (50 g) and vegetable oil. To stir thoroughly. When the milk is warm, remove from heat, add eggs. Mixing, in 3 calls to enter the flour. Strain the dough and bake the pancakes, roasting them on one side only.
3. Prepare the jam. Cranberries and sugar (100 g) put in a saucepan and boil for 15–20 minutes. Cool it down.
4. Caramelize the apple. Peel the apple, cut it into slices. Melt the butter (20 g) in the pan and fry the apple with sugar (10 g) for 5-7 minutes.
5. Marinated goose fry on all sides in a pan without oil. Fry pears and marinade apples on stewed in a frying pan after roasting a goose fat.
6. Put the goose and the roasted apples with pears in one container and pour over 2/3 of the goose with water or broth. Put the stew in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees, for 2-2.5 hours.
7. Cool the finished goose and completely disassemble, separating the meat from the bones, fat and skin.
8. Drain the extinguishing liquid and strain to 50–100 ml. Mix the resulting sauce with goose meat.
9. Put the pancake up with the fried side, put the filling on it and wrap it in a rectangular envelope like stuffed cabbage. Pancake fry on all sides in butter (15 g). Serve with cranberry jam and caramelized apple.
– Pancakes with beef and oyster mushrooms from Andrey Makeev, chef of Food Embassy restaurant –
Wheat flour – 430 g
Eggs – 9 pcs.
Salt – 15 g
Sugar – 100 g
Milk – 1 L
Vegetable oil – 255 ml
Beef (ham or scapula) – 1 kg
Beef tenderloin – 300 g
Onion – 300 g
Green onions – 300 g
Butter – 300 g
Ground black pepper – 5 g
Oyster mushrooms – 250 g
Garlic – 15 g
1. Beat the eggs with a whisk with milk, flour, salt (5 g), sugar and vegetable oil (90 ml).
2. From the finished dough, fry 22 pancakes in a heated frying pan with vegetable oil (50 ml). grease them with melted butter.
3. Prepare garlic oil. Rub the garlic and mix with 15 ml of vegetable oil.
4. Scroll the beef through the meat grinder.
5. Shred the onion bulb into small cubes. Shred green onions.
6. Fry in vegetable oil minced meat with onions until golden brown.
7. Oyster mushroom cut into large slices and fry in vegetable oil.
8. Mix oyster mushrooms, minced meat and green onions. Salt, pepper, cool.
9. In the finished pancake put the stuffing, roll the envelope, fry in butter. It is recommended to serve pancakes with sour cream.
– Pancakes with grilled bananas and Nutella from Andrey Zavarnitsin, chef of Meatless restaurant –
Ingredients for 2 servings:
Milk (3.2%) – 170 ml
Live yeast – 4 g
Eggs – 1 pc.
Butter – 45 g
Wheat flour – 120 g
Sugar – 50 g
Salt – 2.5 g
Baking powder for the dough – 1.5 g
Vegetable oil – 8 ml
Peeled bananas – 400 g
Nutella Paste – 210 g
Icing sugar – 2 g
1. Warm up the milk (10 ml), add the yeast and mix until they are completely dissolved.
2. Sift flour, add baking powder, salt and sugar. Mix.
3. Pour the remaining milk into the mixer bowl, add eggs and milk with yeast. Stir with a whisk until smooth. Add melted non-hot butter (35 g of total).
4. Gradually add the prepared flour to the bowl, constantly mixing the mass with a mixer. Leave the resulting dough in a warm place for 10 minutes.
5. Lubricate the pan with a diameter of 12 cm with a mixture of butter and vegetable oil. In the ladle, dial 70 ml of dough, pour it on a hot frying pan. At the same time, put a larger frying pan on the stove next to the stove and lubricate it with oil. After the pancake is fried on one side in the first pan, it should be turned over to the second prepared pan and fry until ready. Bake 6 pancakes (3 pieces per serving).
6. Lubricate the grill pan rastor